Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 28 - Every Little Breeze Seems to Whisper Louise

This is my sister Louise.  She lives in Roseville, CA with her family.  I don't get to see her very often so you can bet that when I am staying only 20 miles from her house I will try to work in a visit.  She is a nurse and she works the night shift so she has to sleep occasionally.  Today she was all caught up with her sleep and we had a chance to visit.  My post won't be as long as some.  This was a fun day with my sister and her family.  We spent a lot of time laughing and telling tales which would probably bore anybody else.  But it made me feel very good inside. 




This is my nephew Chris.  He was my first and only nephew and it is always nice to see him.  He has a great sense of humor and likes to tease quite a bit.  We were lucky to be able to visit with him for much of the day.












My brother-in-law Lee works in Sacramento and he works a lot.  We stayed with Louise until about 5 and then said our good nights, sorry that we would not see Lee.  We'd gotten 9 miles down the road when she called to say he was home early from work and hoped to see us.  So we turned back, had a lovely dinner, some more laughs and a longer visit.  Lee really likes ice cream but limits himself to a spoonful a day.  It is hard to believe just how much he can fit onto a spoon.




People say that we resemble each other.  When we were little we were mistaken for twins.  I am 14 months older and have gray hair.  She went to school and learned the useful trade of nursing.  I stumbled into computing after art school. 
 I have visited their home several times before but it is always fun to look around and admire their new things.  A California home often has a pool and Louise's house has a pool.  Her pool has a marvelous contraption called a Kreepy Krawly that wanders around the bottom and sides of the pool keeping it clean.  I suppose it isn't as cute as a pool boy but it is very clever nonetheless.

Thou shalt not covet thy sister's newly remodeled kitchen with the Wolf gas range.  Oh yeah?  Just try and stop me!

 We hope to do another visit tomorrow after we have taken time to get some routine maintenance done on the truck.  It will be another lovely day.



No comments:

Post a Comment