Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 86 - Ashland, VA to Wilkes-Barre, PA

Do not wait until the last possible minute to do winterizing and think you have all the right stuff and will know how to do it on your new 5th wheel. You will not. Then you will have to call somebody and then you will wait and wait and wait. And finally a nice man will come and help you. It wasn't anything we did wrong. There were some parts broken/missing but now they are fixed and the pipes are full of pink stuff.

Then at 1pm you will begin your drive for the day. This after getting up at 6am hoping for an early start.

Highway robbery is a vending machine that charges 2.50 for a little bag of Swedish fish! Shame on you West Virginia. You don't get the price until you make your selection. But it does accept credit cards. The only thing I offered was my back.

At 8pm we checked in to a Hampton Inn in Wilkes Barre, PA. There are no good camping options in the northeast at this time of year. With no water in the whale, the idea of a night in a WalMart parking lot just did not appeal. So we sleep on land again after 3 months! The whale looks forlorn out in the parking lot (she needs 6 spaces). 
 It is cold here and there is a little snow on the ground. The scenery looks as I remember it. I don't feel the urge to comment about it except to say that familiar does have its good side - it reminds me of home. But I am happiest and most curious when approaching the new and the unknown. I have had wanderlust my entire life and am so lucky to be able to satisfy some of those traveling urges now.

I believe we will see home again tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment